October 16, 2013 |
40 W Long Street
Objective: Provided committee members updates regarding revenue and expenses pertaining to the housing program. We are on target to meet budget for both revenue and expenses. Revenue trending has been very strong.
|2013 August (Actual)||2013 August (Budget)||YTD Actual||Annual Budget|
Objective 1: Updates regarding numbers served (housing and overflow)
- Return Home Ohio — 20 units.
- ADAMH — 10 units
- Rebuilding Lives at Sunshine –- 75 units
- Rebuilding Lives Downtown — 105 units
Objective 2: Provided reports and discuss the social responsibility score card.
- See attached Residential Services scorecard.
- Discussion highlights:
- 90th Birthday: Discussed the food and drink stations for the party. We need to work with DOMA regarding the potential for them to provide the hors d’oeuvre for the party. Also, discussed potential drink providers – Craft Beer, Brothers Drake, Elevator and 7th Son. For the silent auction, we are working on the following – DOMA meal donation, golf package, artwork, gift cards for diners, day at the Y Park for a group, 31 Gifts and others. We need to discuss prospective budget before making calls to vendors.
- Thanksgiving – Discussed the arrangements for this Holiday. Hoggy’s will provide the food. We could use volunteers to hand out food. Estimating a 10:00 am start on Thanksgiving day.
- Overflow/New Shelter – Working on securing a contract on a new permanent shelter. We are hoping to open in May 2014.
- Franklin Station – Discussed resident applications to move from Sunshine Terrace to Franklin Station. For the most part, residents will be approved for the move. There are cases, due to section 8 regulations; residents may not be accepted to the new Franklin Station facility. We discussed options for these residents.
- Workforce development – The Goodwill programs have been very successful. COVA on the other hand has dropped from 30% to 6% success rate and is quite expensive. We need to evaluate the continued use of COVA for placement.