I hope you all are having a great weekend!
Here’s what happened Downtown last week:
- 2014 Annual Giving Staff Campaign — The last two weeks we’ve made an intentional effort to ask every staff member for a meaningful gift to our 2014 campaign. Of the 120 active staff, we’ve approached 91. In those 91 – only 3 said no. The staff goal for 2014 is $,8000 – right now, we are at $10,800 with 29 more yet to ask. I’m very humbled by the sacrificial giving represented by this team. We’ll have our final numbers Friday.
- Columbus Sole — I was able to run with the resident running group last Monday. As the “big” day approaches, they’re excited and grateful for the opportunity to race in the OSU 4-miler. We started with eight guys and ended the season with five. Doug – our lead volunteer – is planning on expanding it next year with more guys and more races.
- 2014 Budget — I’ve spent most of my week planning (with Art and Amanda) our 2104 budget. It was submitted last week for phase one. Besides being hit with a huge depreciation number, most of the budget looks about the same.
- Downtown Board Website – Mike Whaling and his team at 30 Lines has put together our Downtown YMCA Board website. We’re planning on unveiling it in a couple of weeks. It’s a great way to keep all of our resources in one area.
- Ridestrong next weekend! — Several of you have volunteered to help during our Ridestrong event on Saturday. Thank you! I’m nervous and excited to be the MC for the day. 300 riders – $75,000 for our Association. The Downtown branch secured 55 riders – $13,750. Great event.
Mark your calendar for December 5th – next board meeting.
Have a great week!