Good Afternoon Everyone!
Whew… this summer is flying by. Looking forward in seeing you soon. Here’s a quick update on what’s going on.
- Downtown Y Membership – Jean and her team has rocked the numbers this month. We added 90 new members with a goal of 74. Better news yet, we ended with 20% fewer cancellations. One more piece of good news, we have met with 52% of our new members so far this month. Not too bad for July.
- Van Buren #’s – We are averaging 160 women/night and around 70 families. Because of the increased number of families being served, we are currently needing to wait list the women. The family shelter is still scheduled to open on August 26th at Van Buren. Once we move the families to that side, we should have enough space to remove the women’s wait list and serve them all. Then in November we can start bringing in the men.
One of our little ones turned 1 last week. Our staff rallied around that single mom.
- 40 West Long Housing – We are at 99% occupancy. Columbus Sole is up and running for the Home Run 5k on September 13th. So far 12 residents are training for this race. Practice is at Monday and Thursday at 6pm, feel free to join them!
- Corporate Challenge – Shawn and the Y team has had a successful summer with the challenges. Check out their Facebook page. The golf outing at Bent Tree was a particular hit. We had 82 teams compete which brought in a gross of over $32,000. This is over a 10% increase from last year.
- Franklin Station – Daphne creates a monthly newsletter to share with the community and our residents. I’ve attached her latest for your reading pleasure.
- Celebrating a Year at Van Buren – Thank you for helping us get a successful year under our belt. We had over 3600 individuals lay their head down at VB. We couldn’t have done this without your continued support. As a way to say thank you to our Y team, we took them out to the ball game. Great group of Y leaders.
Opportunities to Help:
- We are in need of some linens/towels for our new family shelter. Please see the flyer for more details.
- We have around 150 bunk beds being delivered on August 11th and 12th. Assembly required. From 9am-noon, feel free to drop in for an hour (or more) to help. No skills necessary. Trust me, if I can put one together anyone can. Bring your co workers – great team building! Please let me know if you’re interested.